Gujarat is one of the leading states in the implementation of key e-Governance infrastructure, polices and projects. The State’s approach can be best summed up as “Think Big, Start Small and Scale Fast”. The three fundamentals that characterize Gujarat’s e-governance initiative are: Responsiveness, Transparency, and Accountability.
At the State Level eNagar Portals were designed and developed for online citizen centric services to urban local bodies. eNagar project provide a wide range of services to the citizens such as Sops and Establishment, Complaints and Grievance, Registration of Birth, Death, & Marriage, Professional Tax, Building Permission, Estate Management, Hall booking etc.. with online payment gateway facilities.
eNagar project has transformed the way citizens perceive the administrative machinery. Irrespective of his place of habitation, a citizen can visit online eNagar portal and complete all payments of fees/taxes/charges, online registration and certificate etc. The objective of providing single point windows setting up of common information and communication Technology infrastructure by the State Government.
- The objective is to have a cost & time efficient, transparent and scalable Web based citizen centric service and back office operation support system which is easily distributable and customizable for further replication in all Municipalities across the Gujarat.
- Make all Government services accessible to the common man in his locality, through common service delivery outlets and ensure efficiency, transparency & reliability of such services to realize the basic needs of the common man.
- Enhance citizen service through efficient, responsive and transparent eGovernance systems which reduces the time frame for approving and fast realization of the revenue.
- Standardize eGovernance solutions across different ULBs, on interoperable technology platforms with compatibility for forward and backward integration.
- Government of Gujarat has launched the e-Nagar project to bring all the Urban Local Bodies at par on a common platform with regard to e-governance and m-governance. A centralized solution is anticipated to bring citizen centric services and solution for ULBs along with tailoring of existing applications of various Municipal corporations/ULBs to this centralized platform.
- In this context, Urban Development & Urban Housing Department has appointed Gujarat Urban Development Mission as a Nodal Agency for e-Nagar Project. Total 170 locations (162 Municipalities and 8 Municipal Corporations) are covered in eNagar Project.
eNagar Project covers 10 Modules with 52 services as below:
|1. Property Tax
||6. Professional Tax
|2. Water & Drainage
||7. Complaint Module / Grievance redressal
|3. Building Permission
||8. Fire & Emergency Services
|4. Registration of Marriage
||9. Land & Estate Management
|5. License module
||10. Hall Booking